Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013
  • Almost that time of year again. The Wivenhoe Pantomime Group will be performing Monster's Rock from 23rd - 26th January 2013 at the William Loveless. This is an original script written by Sara Rout and Brian Ford. The cast has some familiar faces, as well as plenty of new talent joining the group.

I have very kindly been invited along to the rehearsals between now and showtime to capture some of the content. Some early photos and some audio are below. More detail over on m'blog.

Tickets go on sale on 6th September at the late night shopping market at St Mary's. They will also be on sale at both Post Offices.

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013
  • More details on http://wivenhoeforum.co.uk/discussion/1950/wivenhoe-pantomime#Item_6

*edit (no idea what was wrong with Sheila's thread).
  • Great coverage Jason!
  • Oh no it is'nt.........
  • My pottery classes end 10th of Dec. If the panto need any help with props or set painting, pm me okay.
  • Thank you so much for your offer of help.

The props are all made, but I will mention to our set painter your offer and she will pm you if she needs any help.

• How much are the tickets? Can I book tickets for a group?
  • £6 for adults, on sale from 6th December at the Christmas Market at St Mary's, and then at Premier Stores and the High Street Post Office.
  • Any discounts for the none Fri/Sat performances?

• Are the seats numbered or can you sit anywhere ? Some of the group are hard of hearing. We have always gone to the Brightlingsea panto but this year cannot get to the shop at 8.30 am to buy the tickets. We would like to go to the Saturday performance. 
  • The seats are numbered, which is always a bonus. At least you haven't got to rush for a seat on the night. There are no reductions this year as we've kept the prices low, rather than increase then discount certain performances.
    Greenback, if you usually go to Brightlingsea, then do please give us a try this year.
  • I'd echo JayRay, Greenback. The Wivvy Panto gives lots of enjoyment for little expenditure, and you'll save all that travelling too!
  • Wow - this looks and sounds great! Can't wait for the performance! :) 
  • A timely update - tickets go on sale on Thursday, 6pm onwards at the Christmas Market down at St Mary's. Both Post Offices will have them from Friday morning.

Showtime 23rd - 26th January at the William Loveless Hall.

It's all coming together...

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime

Wivenhoe Pantomime
  • Could it be described as 'scary' at all? - I'd like to take my little girl but she is of a bit of a nervous disposition.

Any thoughts?
  • No, it's not scary. The baddie Squire Boris Blackheart is probably the only one who shouts a bit and in true panto style, there will be the usual boos and cheers and "it's behind you!" etc. So although it may be noisy at times, I think it is suitable for all ages. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks, I'll give it a go if there are still matinee tickets left x
  • Not many left, they sold really quickly. The Premier had some this morning, but not near the front I'm afraid. I think they had 3 or 4 in row G and then the back 2 rows. Depending on the age of your daughter, it shouldn't finish later than 9.30pm if you wanted an evening ticket.
  • Brilliant that tickets are selling so well, I have to get my skates on & buy some!
  • Plenty left for performances earlier in the week at the moment
  • Some updates from the rehearsal on Sunday - almost there...

Tickets still on sale at both Post Offices, £6, for the 23rd - 26th January run at the William Loveless Hall.

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013
  • An update from the full Music Rehearsal that took place this Sunday. There's some tricky numbers in there - all sounding very professional. Great to see Angie Diggens volunteering her time as well to help with the moves.

Monsters Rock opens at the William Loveless Hall on 23rd January, running through until the 26th. Tickets for the matinee on the 26th are apparently close to selling out. All tickets are on sale at the two Post Offices and Crossways, priced £6.

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013

Wivenhoe Pantomime 2013
  • A brief update from Tech Rehearsal day on Sunday.

It's all coming together - the backdrop at the WLH looks ACE. The lighting show alone is worth the £6 admission.

A few tickets are still available for Monsters Rock on the opening night of Wednesday, as well as Thursday evening. Both Post Offices and Crossways should have them.

Plus don't forget that there is an open invite for any over 60's to the dress rehearsal on Tuesday at 7:30pm - FREE.

Wivenhoe Pantomime

• I think all performances have some tickets available, except the matinee.

It shouldn't be a late night, so bring the kids along. It's a fun show suitable for all ages, with some familiar faces and some old gags!

• Great dress rehearsal tonight.

Deffinately worth coming along for a fun evening.

Oh yes it is!
  • And some photos from the dress rehearsal below. Tickets should still be available for all shows, apart from the Saturday afternoon matinee. Post Offices, Crossways, £6.

Tremendous amount of energy in this production.

• Going tonight; should be great!
  • Tickets available on the door Wednesday and Thursday. Turn off the telly and come and see some live entertainment.
  • Enjoyed the 'Monster Mash' and 'Skeleton Dance'. My faves (out of many) were the stupid cruelty of Horace (Kevin), the charm of Trigger (Rosie) , and the cuteness of Fang (Daria), who was like a cross between Shaun the sheep and a poodle...    Let's hear what YOU thought?
  • A second endorsement for Monster Mash. I thought it was a real turning point in the show when the set and whole energy is suddenly transformed.

Not wanting to give too much away, but the bass player is... interesting.
  • Any tickets left for tonight? Only a couple for tomorrow afternoon and evening at Premiere Stores at the Cross. I know should have gotten out early but have had all sorts of disasters this week!
  •  Approx. 10 tickets available on the door for tonight (Friday)

• Well that was Fab. U. Lous! Brilliantly inventive & hilarious, perfectly cast with incredibly talented singing and dancing and some lovely touches with the set & lighting.

There were some matinee and evening tickets for Saturday at Premier Stores this morning. You'd be a fool to miss this. Well done everyone.
  • What a laugh, loved the small skeletons. Congratulations to all those involved. If you haven't seen it try and get a ticket, I think there are some left for todays performances.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed helping out front of house for all the performances.

Great bunch of people cast, tech and backstage crew.

Just need to catch up on my sleep now!
  • We really appreciated all your help, thank you very much.
  • Well done everyone involved.  We loved it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wivenhoe Diary
Many thanks to Wivenhoe News for helping to source these dates
1 - 30 April, James Dodds exhibiting at Over the Sofa Gallery, Wivenhoe Bookshop
11 April - 10 May, Jarman's Dungeness, an exhibition by Andy Brooke celebrating Jarman's vision 20 years on, Wivenhoe Library
11 April, Wivenhoe Watching Wildlife Springwatch, Sailing Club, 7:30 - 10pm
12 April, WTFC Vs Thetford Town, Broad Lane, 3pm
12 April, Wivenhoe Ferry Fundraiser, the Sailing Club, 7:30pm - late. Live music from Strings Attached, DJ and curry meal. Tickets £12 from the Bookshop.
13 April, WivGigs, Come and Try day
15 April, Moving Image, Enough Said, William Loveless Hall, 7:30pm
17 and 18 May, Wivenhoe Open Gardens, various locations around the town
17 - 20 April, Beer Festival at the Black Buoy pub; 20 plus guest beers and ciders, food, live music.
19 April, Farmer's Market, Congregational Hall, 9:30 - 12:30pm
19 April, Easter Workshop for children, age 5 - 12, St Mary’s, 2pm - 3:30pm
21 April, WTFC Vs Stanway Rovers, Broad Lane, 3pm
23 April, Italian Literature, start of a five week course with Giovanni Colacicchi, Wivenhoe Bookshop, 2:30 - 4:30pm
23 April, Wivenhoe Film Club, Bicycle Thieves, The Nottage, 7:30pm
24 April, poetrywivenhoe, Allison McVety, The Legion, 8pm
24 April, Funny Farm Comedy Club, Andrew O'Neill, Cricket Club, 8pm
25 April - start of Wild About Wivenhoe month. Various events centred around the Wildlife Garden. Full details to be published... when known!
25 April, Transition Town Wivenhoe Spring Event, open-air bicycle-powered cinema, bar, evening food, all at the Wildlife Garden
26 April, Watching Wivenhoe Wildlife Dawn Chorus Walk, meet at 5am in the train station car park
26 April, Transition Town Wivenhoe Spring Event, Art and Photography Exhibition themed around the Wildlife Garden, William Loveless Hall
26 April, Bird Walk with Richard Allen, Sailing Club, 10am
29 April, Moving Image, All is Lost, William Loveless Hall, 7:30pm
2nd May, Wivenhoe Society Talk, Richard Moulson, CBC Ranger: 'History and Management of Colne Nature Reserve, Wivenhoe Woods and Ferry Marsh, The Nottage, 7:30pm
3 May, WTFC Vs Diss, Broad Lane, 3pm
9 May, Watching Wivenhoe Wildlife, presentations about wildlife in gardens, and gardening for wildlife in Wivenhoe Library, presented by John Rowland, Glyn Evans & Chris Gibson
13 May, Moving Image, Nebraska, William Loveless Hall, 7:30pm
16 May, Shipyard Studios, Inside Out, Keel House, 5 Walter Radcliffe Road, 3pm - 8pm www.shipyardstudios.co.uk
17 - 26 May, Shipyard Studios, Inside Out, Keel House, 5 Walter Radcliffe Road, 10am - 5pm www.shipyardstudios.co.uk
17 May, Watching Wivenhoe Wildlife, Moth Trapping and Bat Watching, Wildlife Garden
18 May, Watching Wivenhoe Wildlife, Moth Trapping - the reveal!
20 May, Moving Image, Saving Mr Banks, William Loveless Hall, 7:30pm
15 June, Watching Wivenhoe Wildlife, Wildflower Walk in the gravel pits behind the cricket club, 11am
29 June, Jazz on the Quay, 1pm