Chinese

Has anyone please got the phone number of the Chinese takeaway.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Tasty Kitchen: 01206 820888
  • Thank you 
  • Is the Chinese open yet?  Is it just delivery?  Is there a menu anywhere?  Excited!
  • I had a menu through the door.  Being mean I thought a meal for one would probably serve two and there was enough for three.
  • Haven't tried it yet but I did say hello to the guy who runs it. Seems like a nice bloke. 

Have I won the Oscar for "Most Useful Contribution To A Thread" award? I'll ask Mr Beatty.  
  • maybe I can pop round poopdecker's house and have a look at the menu....useful
  • Or mine, one came through the door last night. They'll probably get to you soon. 

• We had a meal delivered on Sunday. Very nice
  • Still waiting for a menu...   Fingers crossed!
  • Maybe someone could scan it and place it on here.
  • Difficult to get under the Forum file size limit, so very rough and B+W, worth a try:
  • Thank you!   :)
  • LOVELY GRUB. - yes- capitals
  • We enjoyed our meal from them too :)
  • Tried this tonight instead of our usual Beijing and I prefer Tasty Kitchen. The lady on the phone was helpful when I had to ring back after a delivery and the delivery driver was friendly.  They predicted 45/60 minutes delivery but it arrived in 30mins. Good all round and a great addition to Wivenhoe
  • Is it possible to go down yourself and order instead of phoning?
  • Arkle said:
    Is it possible to go down yourself and order instead of phoning?

No.  The planning consent precludes this:

"The permission granted is for the preparation and supply of food for delivery only. All orders shall be made remotely, and no customer shall enter the premises to place or collect an order. Reason: For avoidance of doubt as to the scope of this consent and to avoid any take-away activities, which are deemed as unacceptable. "

• Jonny said:
    Arkle said:
    Is it possible to go down yourself and order instead of phoning?

No.  The planning consent precludes this:

"The permission granted is for the preparation and supply of food for delivery only. All orders shall be made remotely, and no customer shall enter the premises to place or collect an order. Reason: For avoidance of doubt as to the scope of this consent and to avoid any take-away activities, which are deemed as unacceptable. "

Thanks for that info. I am not very likely to be using it then.
  • Beijing is good for your sweet and sour etc.  For more authentic Chinese food, Fai's Noodle Bar is the place to go. 
  • Delivered within 20 minutes of ordering great food . 
  • Same here, 20 minutes and very good food
  • We still haven't seen anything through the door :(
    Have they gone for some sort of "soft" opening by not distributing menus to all of Wivenhoe?
    It seems a little strange to open up a business and then not be bothered to organise to send out leaflets to let folks know that you're there and what you do!
  • Did they only distribute menus to lower Wivenhoe, as that is nearer to them?
  • Still no menus in Vine Drive, strange business statergy
  • It may actually be a deliberate strategy. Get the business up and running then spread the word further once they know they have the capacity. 

And as anyone who has been out posting flyers or mags, it takes ages to post things through the letter boxes of every house in Wivenhoe, there's every chance they may pay to get it done once they have the capital. 

• Tried it last evening. Food delivered quickly and piping hot. Very pleased with all the dishes that we chose. Not a regular user of take-aways but will definitely be ordering from Tasty Kitchen again. 
  • Ordered tonight, hours wait, but really worth it. Best Chinese I've had in a long time. We will definitely use them again. 
  • Jonny said:
    Beijing is good for your sweet and sour etc.  For more authentic Chinese food, Fai's Noodle Bar is the place to go. 
    Yes! Fai's is superb!
  • Re. delivery of menus: we live in lower Wivenhoe, and haven't seen them either...