Stand Up For The Community - Charity Comedy Show 22nd April 2017

Come to our comedy show raising money for the Mayor's Charity Fund. 22nd April - doors 7pm, show 7.30pm

Comments

• More information on the Facebook events page
  • Bumping as this will benefit local community groups via the Mayor's fund and is a great line up. Tickets via Wivenhoe Bookshop, Town Council or Wivenhoe Funny Farm. Please share with any comedy fans you know. Hazel
  • Sadly Sonya has had to pull out (due to getting into a national competition final on that date) but she is ably replaced by Texan comedian JoJo Georgiou. 
  • Bump. Tickets available at Bookshop and Council offices. Or email funnyfarmcomedy@gmail.com to collect on the door.
  • From the Gazette:

Double dose of laughs in Wivenhoe this month

Also comedy proof-reading:

"THERE'S a double does of comedy taking place in Wivenhoe in the next couple of weeks."  :)
  • Jellyhead said:
    From the Gazette:

Double dose of laughs in Wivenhoe this month

Also comedy proof-reading:

"THERE'S a double does of comedy taking place in Wivenhoe in the next couple of weeks."  :)
    Oh thank you - I missed the Gazette today - I like the nod to the Grauniad style of proof reading and appreciate a bit of publicity as this is a brilliant line-up and all profits will be going to local groups & charities who will appreciate it. And there is of course a bar. Win win win(e).
  • Thank you Hazel!

I'm very much looking forward to Saturday night and enjoying all the excellent acts.

Funds raised throughout the year are distributed amongst local charities. By way of an example are the marvellous volunteers at Wivenhoe based ' Essex Blood Runners' - https://www.essexvoluntarybloodservice.com. ; Please do take a minute to watch their video. Most years we are able to support over 60 local organisations thanks to events such as this.

Hope to see you there!

• edited April 20
    Link to Essex Voluntary Blood Service here - they help save lives throughout the county including at Colchester General and will be just one of the beneficiaries (including Wivenhoe groups) from the show. 
  • Tickets still at the bookshop and some will be available on the door later (7pm doors & bar for 7.30pm start)
  • Just got home from a fabulous night.

Big thanks to all the acts and to Hazel for organising the gig, and to everybody who came and supported it.

A brilliant, brilliant show.

Thanks.

MikeNewton

• Thank you to all the acts and also the Wivenhoe people who gave up their time to sort out our sound (Jon Chamberlain, Jerry Davies), Lighting (Mike Common, John Moore), run the bar (Asa & Helen Aldis) or do front of house (Phil Finn)

I always want to get bigger turnouts for charity shows but for a Saturday night in Wivenhoe with other amazing events happening - we still had a lovely audience and a feel-good atmosphere. 

Awaiting final figures for the mayor's fund (approaching £500 so far)- and will get that info asap. Thank you all for supporting the community.

Hazel 

• I have just heard that this event raised £568.62 for the Mayor's Fund. Thank you to everyone who attended, helped or performed.