rubbish collection

How do we report a missed rubbish collection to Colchester BC? Our glass and cans were not collected today but the online site wont proceed further than asking what was missed! 

Comments

• Hi Jan

The online service works for me usually (and I have used it quite a few times) but you could email:
    customerservice@colchester.gov.uk

They have been very responsive to my emails in the past.

Good luck!
    Nic
  • Thank you Nic, I will try to email now.
    Jan
  • JanV said:
    How do we report a missed rubbish collection to Colchester BC? Our glass and cans were not collected today but the online site wont proceed further than asking what was missed! 
    I had exactly the same problems as you, Jan, with the missed collection and the online form not working.  Let's hope we get a timely response.
  • From experience - the CBC online form used to state that a missed collection was not considered as such until after 4pm on the collection day - as sometimes services were delayed. If you are not having any joy the Recycling team phone number is 01206 282 700.
  • Thank you Hazel, still no joy online this morning. Will ring them.
  • Likewise, I'm afraid.  Thanks for the number, Hazel.

• Just had a response via email, having wasted 7 minutes in a queue on the above number.  Email says within two working days.
  • I reported missed collection in Elmstead Road - online. The response came back saying two days to reply but they actually came back from in a few hours. Hopefully collecting tomorrow.
  • Here's the response, with a useful link

"Thank you for your response.I have logged a missed bin report on your behalf. Street Services will return to collected the missed food waste within 2 working days.

In the unlikely event of a similar incident occurring again, you can log a report direct with Street Service via our online report form. Please follow this link, which will take you to Colchester Borough Council’s Street Service website.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. I hope you can accept my apologies for the concern you may have been caused.

Yours sincerely"

• Well, Nellie, I hope you had your stuff collected.  Mine is still waiting.  I may resort to emailing a photo of my bottle box to CBC tomorrow !
  • I always find a quick email to CBC boss - adrian.pritchard@colchester.gov.uk - has worked. He's a good bloke and will 'encourage' the right staff to deal with any problem. Worth a try?

• Thanks !  He now has a couple of nice photos to see what the team have not.
  • Our bottles and cans still waiting for collection this morning. How long do we leave them for, tomorrow is another collection day!
  • As adrian pritchard in now on leave until October, try sending to Ian.Vipond@colchester.gov.uk 
  • Bottles and cans have now been taken. Thank you!
  • My food waste collected this afternoon.
    Just in time to fill it again for tomorrow!